Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The New President of the United States

We had to talk about the impact of certain things on the election or the blog that we are following. I am ogn to talk about the impact of SNL and since i followed Obama's blog, talk about what he had to say a few days after the election.

On Obama’s Blog:
-Right at the top of the webpage there are some of the top newspaper that have front page headlines of Obama’s win for the Presidency.
-There is a personal letter from Barack Obama to the people before he made his speech at Grant Park. To me this shows the good character that he has and that it is not just someone who is writing the stuff for him, but it comes from himand shows his gratitude to the people of the United States.
-It is all about thanking the people for voting and making history. And for making change a possibility.

Impact of SNL on the election:
From reading an article about the effect of SNL on the election i took this quote that shows us that there definately is an impact of what we watch on how we vote. "We saw that 10 percent of voters said they were influenced by the skits. At the same time, the data shows that 59 percent of those who saw the skits voted for Obama and 39 percent voted for McCain." Mike Dabadie, FirstView researcher. I completely agree with the article. I know that I saw the SNL skits and I was greatly influenced by them. I know that many of the younger people voting saw the SNL skits, and to me that is one of the age groups that is most important to this election. Whether people were voting for Obama becuase Palin was made fun of or they were voting for McCain becuase Palin herself and John McCain both came on to show their funnier side, watching the SNL skits made a difference with the way people voted. If you happened to miss any of the SNL skits, here is my favorite one:

1 comment:

jeff lewis said...

That fact is very interesting that people were influenced by these skits. I must say I am not surprised that at least some people were influenced, but if too many were that may not be such a good thing. I myself was not influenced by them, although I enjoyed them very much.